The REIA Housing Affordability Report is recognised as the most authoritative indicator of Australian housing affordability currently available.
To ensure an accurate profile of housing affordability nationwide, the REIA Housing Affordability Report incorporates data from all major lending institutions, the Australian Bureau of Statistics and Cannex Ltd.
- Median weekly family income figures are based on ABS Family Income Surveys, and are updated from ABS Average Weekly Earnings data. The REIA Housing Affordability Report contains the following information for Australia and each of the states and territories:
- Proportion of family income devoted to meeting average loan repayments
- Proportion of family income devoted to meet median rent repayments
- Comparison of movements in rents and CPI
- Median weekly family income
- Average monthly loan repayments
- Average loan
- Total number of loans
- Average loan, standard variable interest rate and fixed interest rate figures for banks, building societies and other lenders.
- Home loan affordability indicator